June 19, 2008

Camping

Perhaps you've been wondering where I've been today. There is a new blog under "Complaints and Grievances," but I haven't posted on the main page yet today. So, here goes.
I've been cleaning out the camper today. This weekend is Rowdy's family reunion and, even though I swear every year that I'm not going to be the one preparing the camper I never stay in, I went and did it. What can I say, I'm a good wife.
There isn't a single person in Rowdy's family that I don't like and, overall, I enjoy their company. However, for some reason, I just don't dig the annual reunion. I don't know if it's because of the ridicules heat or the sleeping in ungodly places, which together are enough to bench Michael Jordan, or the certain sunburn I will have on Monday, but I dread this event each year. I'm sure the old reliable tornado scare has something to do with it as well. And, considering that I've been to the shelter more times in the last month than I have been in five years, I think you could put a hunskie on the probability of 100 people stuffed into the public bathroom in search of security from the storm. Rowdy, on the contrary, loves it. I mean if we won a free trip to all of Europe and it happened to fall on this weekend, we'd skip the once in a lifetime vacation.
The boys, most assuredly, will have a great time. After all, there will be other kids, candy, a playground and, most importantly, mud involved. That's really all they need.
So, think if me this weekend, friends, when I am just one mosquito bite away from a meltdown.

No comments:

Finish This Page, but click on the older posts, too.

The knee-slappin,' cursin,' GOOD TIMES don't start or end on the front page, so read the older posts! Maybe you missed something. Maybe you forgot. I try to post daily, so read the older posts!
Your Ad Here